Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Been slacking lately

Well, slacking on posting here that is. Last time I posted I was ready to ride the ADA 50 mile route. I had a great time at that ride with the exception of the 10 or so miles to the west that went right into the wind. Other then that it was a beautiful ride and well planned. I will plan on doing the same ride again next year. The cool thing was that except for the 10 or so miles straight into the wind it was to some degree a tailwind ride the rest of the trip. When we left Eldorado the wind was out of the southwest. By the time we left Cassody the wind was straight out of the west which made for the grueling part of the ride. That stretch of road between the headwinds and the hills made me very glad I did not ride my fixed gear for that ride. But then by the time we got back to highway 177 the wind was out of the northwest which made for a tailwind back into Eldorado. Then we had a lunch from Carlos O' Kellys. The ride actually came out to be 55.9 miles.

I am now off of work until September so hopefully I can get some more riding time in this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment