Wednesday, May 6, 2009

There is a good side to everything

Like I mentioned yesterday I am laid off for at least 6 weeks, possibly even more. But I find a good side to everything and believe it or not I found a good side to being laid off. Usually when I go more then two days without riding I go into withdrawal. If it has been raining and a nice day comes about I am very tempted to "get sick" so I can go for a ride instead of working. Of course I have a family to support so I never actually call in sick for that reason but I think about it a lot.

Today was a very nice day and I did not have to face that temptation. I was able to sleep in a little bit, get a few things done and left on the bike about noon. I rode from the south end of town where I live out to Ridge road and then up to Sedgwick County Park. There I stopped and chatted to an elderly gentleman feeding the squirrel's and then stopped at the store for a snack and a drink. I then rode on through the park and hooked up to the river bike path and rode home on it.

Surprisingly with all the rain we have had lately none of the path was underwater too much too ride. I expected to have to detour and take the roads. I was able to ride from the north end at 21st all the way to the John Mack Bridge on Broadway where I turned off and went home.

No comments:

Post a Comment